This entry was posted in on Posted on Mar 26, 2019
by Hobby Horse Clothing Company Inc..
Many of you have noticed the gorgeous makeup featured in our look book and on our website. It is both natural and stunning, and truly completes our photoshoots. This makeup could not be done without the incredibly talented Megan DeHaan. In her 15 years of experience she has worked in a variety of platforms, including fashion shows, weddings, photoshoots, and private events. Megan says she's happiest when she’s “making people feel pretty. Like, Victoria’s-Secret-model pretty,” and she was kind enough to give us her life hacks to make you feel that way every day — in or out of the show pen.
1. Fresh. Start your show day look with a nice clean face — I love prepping my skin with Davines spray toner.
2. SPF. I ALWAYS wear sunscreen with a good amount of SPF in it. Nothing ages us like over sun exposure. I like this brand because the ingredient deck is clean and easy in the skin.
3. Primer. I absolutely flip over this skin/makeup primer! Nothing works like it — it’s in a league of its own! I live in Az and there is not a lot of humidity, but often work in California or Tennessee where the humidity index is higher and I have seen that there is no difference in how makeup stays on the face as long as I use this product.
4. Makeup. Bare Minerals the holy grail of makeup that will stay on your face all day long and you will never have to look and make sure your makeup in place! This stuff is AMAZING!
5. Bronzer. This one is one of my favorite tricks! I love this Mac Jacobs bronzer! I love that it’s so universal — I use it for bush, bronzer and contour.
6. Eye brows. Eye brows are a must for me. They shape the face, they add structure and they finish the a daily or show look. For eyebrows I love the Morphe eyebrow pallet.
7. Eyes. For eyes I really also love Morphe products! The pigment is spot on and it performs well. It is very user friendly and easy on the pocketbook as well, which makes for an all-around stellar product. My typical go to is a warm color palette which is the most universal. You can go with a day/light or a night/heavier look all within the same palette.
8. Concealer. There is no other concealer, in my opinion, that can go up against Shape tape! It is simply the best, especially as an under-eye concealer!
9. Highlight. I love so many highlighters, but Becca is so creamy and dreamy and a delight to work with! It gives just simply glowy and gorgeous effects!
10. Lips. This is my favorite little combo random I know but here it goes. I love Rimmel Longwear Lipstick, it stays on for days, I tell you! In combination with that I use the Laura Mercier lip liner and then to finish it with Mac lipgloss.
For more tips and tricks visit Megan’s website megandehaan.com or Instagram @communitystylehouse.